I’ve only been blogging about life in our glorious Spanish valley for eight months, so I’m amazed that Notes on a Spanish Valley has been nominated for an award. Didn’t think I’d been around long enough. So thanks to Madhusmita at Dreamzandclouds for finding me in the first place, for sticking with me through the early days when I was finding my blogging feet, and of course for nominating me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award.
Click here to visit Madhusmita’s blog, Dreamzandclouds. I get such a kick when someone reads my blog, makes a comment, clicks on the ‘like’ button. So this award is a thumbs up for our small corner of Spain. Thanks to everyone who’s read my blog and shared our life in Spain.
The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award has some rules to follow:-
- All recipients need to thank the giver
- Post 7 things about yourself
- Pass the award on to 7 other bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated.
- Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog.
Seven things about myself that you don’t know. Hmm…
- I am hopeless at wearing heels. I’m a flat shoes, plimsolls, tomboy kind of girl.
- I grew up on the Yorkshire Wolds, a remote, beautiful part of England better known now because of David Hockney. Thank you David.
- I’m an old-fashioned journalist. I believe every news story should follow Rudyard Kipling’s poem:
“I keep six honest serving-men
(They taught me all I knew);
Their names are What and Why and When
and How and Where and Who.”
- I love watching and playing tennis. Go Andy Murray!
- I am never without a book, there’s one in my handbag every time I leave the house just in case I get delayed somewhere and can carry on reading.
- Ditto, writing. I am a Writer. I write fiction every day, I think of ideas to write about every day, I can write anywhere, on computer/laptop/iPad/notebook/back of an envelope. At home, on a train, in a hotel, on a beach, in the dark in bed in the middle of the night.
- I was captain of my school netball team. And hockey team. And rounders team. I like sport!
Be sure to visit their blogs, and pass on the love! Feliz Navidad to everyone!
5 to remember
un premio – an award
Las Hermanas del Mundo – Sisterhood of the World
las reglas – the rules
el logotipo – logo
soy escritora – I am a writer